Welcome to our information pages for our 2020 Annual Conference
Our Annual Conference 2020 will be held over the weekend of 26 –
28 June in Britain's Ocean City, Plymouth. In 2003 the
University of Plymouth hosted UKELA's first sustainably organised annual
conference: we seek to be even more sustainable this year!
Find out about our venue, accommodation, social events and more.
2020 marks the 400th anniversary of the historic
voyage of the Mayflower ship, which carried pilgrims from fourteen UK locations
and Leiden in The Netherlands to the 'New World' of America. The
Mayflower departed from Plymouth, Devon in September 1620. Following the
arrival of the pilgrims in the New World they founded the Plymouth colony and
drew up the Mayflower Compact, an agreement establishing a 'civill body
politik' with powers to enact, constitute and frame 'just and equall
laws, ordinances, acts, constitutions and offices' for the general good of
the Colony. The Mayflower400 values of freedom, democracy, humanity and
looking forward resonate through the Conference programme. We are
delighted that the UKELA Annual Conference 2020 has been found to add
significant value to the overall Mayflower400 programme and has been granted
the use of the Spirit of Mayflower logo. You can find out more about
Mayflower400 on the official website.
Book your place via the 'Register' button at the bottom of each page. Early bird bookings now open, but don't delay as they are only available for a limited time.
Please note the price you see is the Early Bird price until 14 March. Full price list is at the bottom of this page.
The University of Plymouth
The University of Plymouth sits on the idyllic South Devon coastline at the very centre of the city. One of the largest universities in the region, its growing international reputation is matched by some exciting campus developments.
With excellent national transport links, great shopping and culture, top sporting opportunities, pristine seas and south-coast sunshine, the University of Plymouth is an exciting venue for our 2020 conference.
Renowned travel magazine Condé Nast Traveller has taken notice of Plymouth’s significant developments, listing the city above Paris, Salvador and Kyoto as a surprise package for 2020.
"2020 marks a landmark year for Plymouth which, for centuries has had its fortunes shaped by the sea.”
- UKELA Member Day Delegate Package Early Bird £465 / 1st March 2020 onwards £490
- UKELA Member Full Residential Package Early Bird £525 / 1st March 2020 onwards £545
- UKELA Member Full Residential Package (Discount) Early Bird £250 / 1st March 2020 onwards £270
- UKELA Member Full Residential Package (New to Conference) Early Bird £480 / 1st March 2020 onwards £500
- UKELA Member Full Residential Package (Public Sector) Early Bird £405 / 1st March 2020 onwards £425
- UKELA Member Full Residential Package (Student) Early Bird £130 / 1st March 2020 onwards £150
- Non Member Day Delegate Package Early Bird £570/ 1st March 2020 onwards £585
- Non Member Full Residential Package Early Bird £625 / 1st March 2020 onwards £645
- Non Member Residential Package (Public Sector) Early Bird £580 / 1st March 2020 onwards £600
Remember, you need to log in to make your booking.