e-law is our electronic journal and newsletter. It is sent out to all members via email every 2 months.
e-law aims to keep our members up-to-date on UKELA news and events, and informed about new law, hot topics and matters in practice. It also publishes themed articles with views on how we can develop environmental law for a better environment. We invite submissions for consideration for publication. If you would like to submit an article, please send it to the editor firstname.lastname@example.org. Please read our style guide first.
Members can read the latest editions on our Members Only page. For older editions (2017 and before), please take a look at our archive.
Themes and Deadlines
Editions are themed and submissions are primarily sought on these lines. However, quality submissions outside of these themes are welcome for consideration.
Each edition of e-law is themed. The 2020 themes are listed below, along with the copy deadline.
- Jan/Feb – Environment Bill. Please submit copy by 22 January.
- March/April – Environmental crime, enforcement and
prosecutions. Please submit copy by 11 March.
- May/June – Covid-19 and the environment. Please submit copy by 13 May.
- July/Aug –Food, farming, land use and net zero. Please submit copy by 15 July.
- Sept/Oct –Hazardous substances. Please submit copy by 16 September.
- Nov/Dec – Energy efficiency and buildings. Please submit copy by 18 November.
The themes for 2019 were:
- Jan/Feb edition – Environment Bill: The New Body, the Courts, and the Future of UK Environmental Law
- March/Apr edition – Air quality
- May/June edition – Waste
- July/Aug edition – Wild law
- Sept/Oct edition – Nature conservation and biodiversity
- Nov/Dec edition – Natural capital and the environment