elaw is our digital journal and newsletter. It is sent out to all members via email every 2 months.
elaw aims to keep our members up to date on UKELA news and events, and informed about new law, hot topics and matters in practice. It also publishes themed articles with views on how we can develop environmental law for a better environment. We invite submissions for consideration for publication. If you would like to submit an article, please send it to the editor [email protected]. Please read our style guide first.
Members can read the latest editions here. Past editions can be accessed here. The elaw archive is here.
Themes and deadlines
Editions are themed and submissions are primarily sought on these lines. However, quality submissions outside of these themes are welcome for consideration. The themes for 2024, with deadlines (first date) and publication dates in brackets, are:
- December 2023 – Trade and the environment (10 November, published 6 December)
- February – Climate change and net zero (12 January, published 7 February)
- April – Biodiversity and natural capital (8 March, published 3 April)
- June – Water (10 May, published 5 June)
- August - Chemicals and hazardous substances (12 July, published 7 August)
- October – Environmental law in Northern Ireland (13 September, published 9 October)
- December – Air quality and public health (8 November, published 4 December)